Thursday, July 14, 2011

Housecleaning on the Intertubes and Jasper's First "Hike"

Good morning citizens!

I thought I'd update you on some current changes to our online photo and video sharing.

Videos: I recently realized Flickr has a 1 minute 30 second limit on videos uploaded to their site, so unbeknownst to us, Flickr has been clipping anything after the 1:30 mark. Unfortunately, I found this out long after we'd uploaded a whopping 40 videos.

We now have a YouTube channel where we'll be uploading videos from here on out.You'll notice there is now a link over there on the right.

Visit our channel to see Jasper's First "Walk" in the Woods.

Photos: All you really need to know is that we're moving all of our online photos from Flickr to Picasa (soon to be known simply as Google Photos). The link to the right has been updated to navigate to the correct site. Note: It will take me some time to fully migrate all of our photo albums over.

Why the switch? Many reasons, really, but it all started with Google+ (G+) showing up on the scene. For those who don't already know, G+ is Google's latest attempt at getting into the social networking scene and this time it appears as though it's going to work out quite well for them. In a nutshell, G+ is a lot like Facebook, but seems to be a better tool for the individual (sorry folks, no Farmville). Oh, and if you have a G+ profile all photo uploads under 2048 x 2048 pixels are free. We've been paying $25 per year on Flickr.

Since I already have my email, calendars, this blog, and my web reader on Google, and since YouTube is now owned by Google, it only made sense to move my photos under the Google umbrella. And with the Picasa photo editor and organizer, I can easily and automatically sync our photos between our computer, our online albums, and my G+ profile. Voila!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts for humor and now you even taught me something! If I pay you, can you do that good of a job keeping track of my kids memories?
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete