Saturday, January 1, 2011

We're pregnant!

In early July, 2010, Anastasia and I learned that we are going to have a baby.

It came as kind of a shock to us both. Sure, we'd been trying, but not for more than a few months really. On a Saturday night, Anastasia took a pregnancy test. It showed a positive result, but I was skeptical. She took another test the following morning. Also positive. And still, I had a hard time accepting that this little plastic thing was telling us the truth. Eventually, reality settled over us and we were very happy and couldn't wait to share it with our families.

Later that same day, we invited Anastasia's parents in Michigan to a video chat and we broke the news. The following weekend--because we wanted to tell them in person--we had my mom, my sister and her boyfriend over for a barbecue to tell them.


1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Jack, regarding how you told her parents. We did something similar with my husband's parents. We waited until we had ultrasound pictures and said "Well, do you want to see your grandbaby?" They thought we were talking about our daughter but we held up the ultrasound picture for them.

    ReplyDelete