Thursday, November 8, 2012

We Still Have Pumpkins Hanging Around

We have made some great memories this fall, but we did not carve a pumpkin. I know, right? I discovered that my friend and her boys also did not carve a pumpkin, so we decided to try a little pumpkin craftiness. We made bird feeders.

I have kid pictures of course, but first, an image of a few store-bought pumpkins and our front yard pumpkin. I wasn't too optimistic about our homegrown gourd, it was quite pale and small for a long time. It never stopped being lumpy, but it did turn out big and orange.

A round pumpkin was chosen for the big project.

It was cut in half and spoons were doled out. Owen oversaw operations.

Eventually Owen got more involved.

I had expected a big clean up after three little guys were introduced to pumpkin innards, but I think I made the most mess as I drilled four holes into each pumpkin to attach twine.

Our flashlight became the next attraction. I hung up the feeder, but it was difficult to see in the dark. Ilan enjoyed illuminating it with the flashlight. It's pretty hard to see the feeder in this picture.

We all had a mac and cheese dinner and a bit more play. Jasper had some ups and downs, but overall, he had a fun night. I know this because it took him over an hour to fall asleep tonight. Jack and I chuckled as we heard him sing and chatter in his crib.

1 comment:

  1. love listening to him sing and chatter in his crib. he's a happy boy! xoxo grandma k

    ReplyDelete