Monday, November 18, 2013

Jasper at Two and a Half

I have been meaning to write a post about what Jasper is up to lately. Jack took this picture today and now I have to write it. Two and a half is full of challenges: negotiations, tantrums, disbelief in the time it takes to leave the house, but the trade off is seeing your child's personality emerge.

Jasper is kind and gentle. Unless he has the chance to jump on a bed or in a bouncy house, then he is crazypants.

He is quiet, but not terribly shy. He seems to warm up around new people quickly.

He is independent and almost never asks me to pick him up. This has been so very nice during pregnancy.

Jasper is not a morning person.

He has just recently become more likely to be affectionate without suggestion. It is so sweet. And as you can see from the picture, he can be very sweet toward the baby.

Back in October he took a parent/tot swim class with me. Bath time has been amazing ever since. He has new confidence in the water.

Jasper has been hanging out with his Mimi and Baba quite a bit these days. I think this has helped him begin to use sentences more. I love all the communication.

Sometimes he plays by himself. When he does, he narrates. It is adorable.

Jasper loves airplanes, trains, trucks, his guitar, and to help in the kitchen. He loves to "season" things with the salt and pepper shakers.

Some of his favorite phrases are:

"Nice day outside."

"I need that."

"Go away mommy."

"Go down, play airplanes?"

"How about mommy read the book?"

"My turn."

"See you soon."

I'm so excited to see what kind of big brother he will be.

 

 

 

1 comment: