Thursday, August 23, 2012

Home

Home

We live near a small airport, but not in the flight path. Every so often Jasper gets to see an airplane fairly close to us.

I was able to harvest another zucchini yesterday. It was noticed before it reached an unreasonable size. This summer has given us yellow plums from the neighbor's tree, (we had permission), some cherry tomatos, and parsley. We have a small pumpkin on a vine, but I'm not sure it will have enough time to ripen.

I made zucchini cakes for dinner tonight. The recipe took longer than I thought it would and it was a good thing I started it while Jasper was napping. I was halfway through hand shredding the big, big zucchini before I remembered that I have a slicer/shredder attachment for my mixer. Hey, if you have a motor in your kitchen, you should use it. Both Jack and I liked the meal, but I'm not sure if I would make it again. It is a great way to use up some zucchini and have a hearty vegetarian dinner. Here is a little photo collage of some of our harvest, meal making, and the dinner:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment