Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Picture Project, Backyard Projects

Recently my mom sent me a fun little idea of taking a picture a day and blogging it for one month. She included two lists of 31 ideas, so there is a variety to choose from. Jasper an I are going to give it a shot. When you get the camera out with a one year old, you never take just one picture. Good luck to us. August promises to be pretty exciting; we are traveling and have plenty of things to discover in our new neighborhood and hey, it's summer. To start this project off we have...

Self Portrait

Here we are on the deck following and afternoon of gardening and playing in the kiddie pool. This assignment forced me to finally use our tripod and figure out the timer on our camera. I also discovered InstaPicFrame.

And now a quick update on our outdoor projects. We recently had the gravel and overgrown garden space in our backyard replaced with grass making it more kid-friendly. Here are some before, during, and after pictures:


So worth it.

This past weekend Jack added more railings to the deck to make it safer for Jasper. He also hung up a swing and made a major design decision by picking up an outdoor rug for the deck.

Deck safety and tot swings are serious matters.

And now, Jasper and I will demonstrate the swing.

That rug really ties the room together.

A view from the deck.

I was watering the potted plants out on the deck today, I didn't realize how closely Jasper was watching. After I brought in the watering can, he thought he'd give the plants a little extra..

Aw, thanks little man!

1 comment:

  1. I love love that picture of him watering the plants. What a sweet boy. Your photo project sounds fun. I will look forward to your daily posts! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete