Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Day

Today was our first day of our Explorers class. Jasper and I are participating in a co-op preschool and will be going to this class once a week. It's a chance for him to interact with other kids and adults and I am in for a little education too.

The nerdy dog shirt seemed appropriate for this first day...

Playtime, Jasper was a little blur much of the time.

I must admit, I put that baby in the cart.

Snack time. Teacher Jessica is in the upper left corner, she is really great.

Here is a little more about the school from the website in case your are interested:

What is a Cooperative Preschool?
Cooperative preschools provide members with their first formal opportunity to become involved in their children’s education. With the guidance and support of a skilled educator, parents and guardians can learn effective ways of dealing with their children. Children learn best by freely interacting with people and things in their environment. The richer the environment, the more opportunities there are for learning.


Each class includes parent education which is a key component of co-op preschools and helps us learn and grow as parents. Our Co-op is affiliated with Shoreline Community College and enrolled parents actually receive college credits for the parent education they receive.

http://www.shorenorth.net/

We are already looking forward to next week!

We had a very happy morning, but I am also keeping the tradgedy of September 11th in mind as I go through the day. Our local NPR station had a wonderful segment on religious tolerance with the Interfaith Amigos, http://www.kuow.org/program.php?current=WK1

And I am reminded of the book I keep meaning to order, "14 Cows for America" - a children's book about 9/11. I cannot imagine explaining this day to Jasper, but someday I will with the hope that he will contribute to making the world a more peaceful, tolerant place.

1 comment:

  1. He seems so young to be going to "school"!!!! But so cute with the other little ones. I LOVE love the hoodie!!! He's such a handsome little guy. :) (we don't want him to grow up too fast)!

    XOXO Grandma

    ReplyDelete