Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Weekend Recap

Oh, this is a late post, but I have some fun pictures from last weekend.

Jasper enjoyed his first bike ride with Dad on Saturday morning.

He had a good time, but was very anxious to go. You see, it took a while for dad to properly get the seat on the bike and Jasper was very patient playing on his own. At one point, he came over to the bike and "helped out" with a tool. I missed all this because I was volunteering (weeding) for the Master Gardeners. That's a whole other story, but I had a nice morning in a big demonstration garden.

Anyway, partway through the ride, Jack took this photo. I think Jasper didn't appreciate the interruption.

After I returned home, Jack got to work cutting down some dead trees in the back yard. Jasper watched from the deck and was fascinated.

I worked on a small patch of garden while Jasper was napping. I cleared out some ornamental strawberries who had been kind enough to keep out most weeds until I figured out what to do with this spot. I planted sea thrift, Jacob's ladder, and a toad lily under our rhododendron.

At some point, maybe on Sunday, there was another bike ride.

It was wet and drizzly when Monday rolled around. We decided to be brave and head to the Folklife music festival. Jasper loves music and I had been wanting to do this for a while.

Jasper also loves fountains. I think the International Fountain may have blown his mind.

Jack took this cute Instagram picture.

Then on to some music.

Not the best picture, but he loves to look at this on my iPad, I think it's the guitar player.

Jasper and I supplied some percussion.

We had two days of working on house projects, then a wet festival morning. We ended the holiday weekend by grilling with family at our place. I don't have any pictures because I was just relaxing I guess. Sometimes I have to remind myself to do that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment