Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Concert and Making Cookies for the Birds

Jasper and I met some friends from preschool at the library for a Caspar Babypants concert. At first, he just sat in my lap, but eventually Jasper let loose and danced.

We got home, had a quick lunch, and Jasper went down for his nap. I then had some time to try to process the Connecticut school shootings. It was a difficult afternoon and has been a difficult day. I hope we can find a way to address this type of violence in our communities.

Jasper woke from his nap to find that Owen and Ilan had come for dinner and another craft project. We tried to use up the birdseed from our pumpkin bird feeder project, so the birds benefitted again. It was good to be busy and to be with another mom.

I made a crock pot chicken chilli from a recipe I found on Pinterest, this chili was very good. I also found the bird seed ornaments on Pinterest. I am a wee bit embarrassed by the number of pins I have, but I feel that Pinterest has been a great inspiration, helped me be more organized, and given me some great kid project ideas.

We have to wait for our special birdseed mix to set within the cookie cutters. By tomorrow, we should be able to hang these treats outside.

After dinner Jack asked Jasper for a hug. He has made this request before, but this was the first time that Jasper gave him a hug. In fact, Jasper was heading away from Jack and turned around to give it to him. It felt like everyone needed a hug today.

No comments:

Post a Comment